Frequently Asked Questions
If I want to attend Grand Prix Miami but not play in the main event, do I still need to purchase a registration package?
Entry into the hall is free! You will only need to pay for the events in which you would like to compete.
Is it true that I can no longer register for the Grand Prix on Saturday morning?
Yes. As per Wizards of the Coast's new policy, Grand Prix no longer offer on-site Saturday morning registration. If you wish to play in the main event, you must either register on-site on Friday or preregister.
I've never played in a Grand Prix before. What can I expect?
Please watch this video prepared by our friends at Wizards of the Coast. If you still have questions, please contact us, and we'll be happy to help!
Where can I find a decklist form?
Decklist forms may be found here.
What is a Sleep-In Special?
If you have at least one bye, you are eligible to purchase a Sleep-In Special that will allow you to report to the tournament after the player meeting. View complete details on the GP Miami Sleep-In Special here.
Can I just pay for the registration rewards and not attend the event?
Registration rewards are only available to participants in the Grand Prix.
What happens if I preregister and I can't attend? Do my registration rewards get mailed to me?
Unfortunately, registration rewards are available to Grand Prix participants only. If you cannot attend, contact email@example.com for information regarding a full refund.
What are the rules for trading while at Grand Prix Miami?
Although trading is both allowed and encouraged, please note that the following things are not permitted at this event:
- Buying/selling cards with anyone except for our authorized dealers.
- Advertising without receiving permission from StarCityGames.com's on-site Event Manager.
- Offering to "alter" cards in exchange for some form of compensation.
- Utilizing an excessive amount of space when trading.
- Using suitcases, handcarts, luggage carts, etc. for the purpose of transporting excessive amounts of trade stock.
- Using the official #GP hashtag in order to facilitate breaking any of the rules listed above.
- Use of playmats that display prices (more commonly known as "buy mats") and/or price tags/stickers.
Please note that failure to obey these rules may result in all involved parties being both removed from the event without refund and banned from attending future events.
What do I do if I still have questions?
Please contact us, and we'll be happy to help.